The illustration for the Club this year is based on a beautiful drawing of an Icelandic lamb by Icelandic / French illustrator Cecile Parcillié. I commanded it especially for the club. I love to support local designers! Cecile lives in Reykjavík, in Iceland. She loves watercolours and pencil but she also uses other medias. Characters, strange people and everyday persons, who tell us part of their stories by walking by and being themselves, their interactions, their surroundings, the funny scenes around them, emotions, humanity: that is what excites a little spy in her and interests her in sharing through her illustrations. You can see more of Cecile´s work on her website here.
What you get:
- 4 yarn kits containing Icelandic yarns selected especially for the project: they could be a special or limited edition, plant-dyed, hand-dyed, handspun or a special colorway, or made from special Icelandic wool or sheep. I´m particularly happy this year with some of the yarns I managed to source from our local crafters because of their rarity! Each KIT contains enough yarn to complete the project at the suggested gauge. The amount of yarn per KIT will vary depending on the project and the yarn thickness. Also the Icelandic wool is very light! The whole package weighs about 900 g.
- 4 knitting patterns created by Hélène Magnússon, accompanied by the story behind the making of the yarns for each project: where it comes from, what’s so special about it, who made it. The patterns will be exclusive to the club for 10 months after the release of each pattern. They will be essentially accessories (shawls, mittens, hats, etc…) or other relatively little projects. The patterns will be provided in the form of a PDF: you will receive a download link by email each time a new pattern is released and the PDF will be automatically set into your Icelandic Knitter account under Downloads where it will be indefinitely accessible. I
- a little something from Iceland… Hélène loves surprises! Some may truly surprise you but you will get the explanation of what its is and what it is used for in the corresponding pattern and story. Please don´t throw anything from the packaging as it may be used or reused 😉
- the support and company of other fellow knitters if you join the Icelandic Yarn Club 3 KAL (Knit ALong) hosted on my facebook group. It will be fun to share unboxing experiences and progress pictures! The group is a private group which you can join at anytime!
Good to know:
- the 4 Kits will be shipped in one parcel as we receive your order. They are numbered 1 to 4 and I trust that you won´t open them before your receive the corresponding pattern! And please don´t throw the packaging, it could be put to use or reuse 😉
- Shipping costs are not included in the price of the kit: at the checkout you will be given the choice between various shipping options (Icelandic post, DHL) depending of where you live. You will be sent a tracking number which will allow you to follow your parcel. For an idea of the delays, see here.
- The 4 patterns (in English and French) will be released as follows:
KIT 1 : pattern releases October 6th 2021
KIT 2 : pattern releases October 24th 2021
KIT 3 : pattern releases November 24th 2021
KIT 4 : pattern releases December 24th 2021 (for Xmas!)
- As a Club Member, you will always be able to find all your pattern PDFs in a folder (compressed ZIP) in your Icelandic Knitter account. To access them, log in, go under Downloads and download the updated compressed (ZIP) folder in the language of your choice. See here more detailed information on how to access your PDFs.
- f you wish to also receive your PDFs it in your Ravelry account, please send me a message with your username so I can add it manually to your library.
- this is a club; by signing up, you are committing yourself for the duration of the club. Refunds and cancellations are not possible, without prejudice of your statutory rights. Please see our full Terms and Conditions.
- for technical reasons, we are not able to offer the club as a subscription. Sorry about that.